French women are the epitome of style and class and our Style Editor, Kate Taylor, shows us how to wear Parisian style just like a French woman. Think timeless, simple and class.
As a stylist, there isn’t a style that people tell me they want to emulate more than the effortless style of the Parisian woman. It is chic, on trend, and pure beauty. The Parisian women just get “IT”. They have truly found themselves and are so secure and confident in that – that they could easily wear a 10-year-old frock, and heads would turn.
That being said, I get the opportunity to also give very tangible ways to reach that beautiful Parisian “je ne sais quoi”.
So here are 10 items that you MUST possess to rock the chic Parisian style:
- No surprise here… confidence. It’s step 1. You gotta dig deep and pull it out. It’s in there, I promise.
- A lot of black and white. Prints, patterns, it doesn’t really matter – it’s all interchangeable and that’s the beauty of it.
- Stripes. Again, black and white is a great go to – but you can get creative with colors and the width of the stripe.
- Keep it simple. Really… it’s how they get it so right. Less is more and they do A LOT with less. Don’t go overboard – just be wildly understated while making a beautiful statement.
- Relaxed silhouettes. The Parisian women are not big into tight, body hugging, form fitted numbers. They love the elegance of flow that is purposeful. That doesn’t mean “baggy” – keep that in mind. It means a relaxed silhouette.
- Neutrals. Not only are neutrals VERY on trend right now – but they are extremely interchangeable and beautiful. There is a soft elegance that is seen with full neutrals. Think off white, camel, light tan, light pink, etc.
- Low Heels. The lower the heel the better. If you find a great pair of flat loafers or slip ons – that’s perfect. But if you are looking for a heel… keep it low. Think kitten or a little higher.
- Trench Coats. The French love their trench coats, because they are again – chic and effortless, while completing an outfit and remaining neutral. A perfect piece to have that will never go “out of style”.
- Crisp White Button Down. If you are at all going to replicate the true Parisian fashion – then you must own at least one really great crisp white shirt that can be worn casually with jeans, or dressed up with a great skirt and a nice string of pearls.
- Ballet flats. No surprise here, because they like their heels low – but a really nice pair of ballet flats will keep you looking on trend with jeans and just as on point with your dress pants or skirt.
The one thing you will see with Parisian fashion is it is TIMELESS. All of these items are great pieces to have in your wardrobe now, and for years to come.
Keep it classy, beauty!
Style Editor, Kate Taylor
Kate Taylor offers Personal Styling & Image Consultation to all those desiring to improve themselves and achieve success. Kate works with each client to create their custom image, and provides tools to use their strengths in the advancement of their lives.